Monday, February 5, 2007

Logging in - HTML tutorial

This is just a quick message to log in and report progress.

I'm still slogging through the first part of module 3, the html tutorial. It's very long, but thankfully, is well-written and logical to follow. It's also been satisfying to work through as I see my html coding come to fruition on the both the volcanoes page and my own test page. I do hope to finish it today - I've got so much work to do.

The only problems I have found apart from my slow start mentioned in an earlier post is that it can be a bit of a juggle having three screens open at once. I've never really worked with tiling screens before, but have opted to size the three screens so they are all visible. I'm finding however I still often have to reduce or enlarge the screens to do or see the work.

Perhaps the biggest thing has been using Notepad. I find unless I have my file names written down I get lost, because there is no option for just going to the file menu then seeing what you have just been working on - you have to know the file name and start typing it in before it comes up. Now that I have a few files and folders in my HTML workspace folder I have had to write them all down in a diagram on a piece of paper and have it handy to keep my head around it all.

Hopefully this will be the largest chunk of module 3. I saw on the course discussion board some poor soul had done all of sections, not stopped at no. 14 as required. Still behind, but enjoying it nevertheless.

No comments: