Saturday, February 17, 2007

Module 4 - Web Tools

Have enjoyed reading through Module 4. It feels like the nitty gritty of this course to me. Thought highly of the Internet Tutorials site - well written and covers just about everything. Think I will go back to this in the future and have bookmarked it.

But now the deadline for this course is fast approaching and I'm rushing to finish this module and my essay. I have downloaded (onto my Desktop, where I will see them and remember they exist!) the following: Copernic Agent Basic, RealPlayer 1 (have Apple QuickTime Player already, also Adobe Reader), BookMark Buddy and WebCopier for Windows. They all look pretty darn useful. Looking forward to getting more into BookMark Buddy as I've bookmarked so many things courtesy of this course and have tried to be sensible about where they are, but I know it could be improved. WebCopier looks useful for the same reason. I'm always online and have never actually saved things so I can access them offline, so will have a go with this.

The Glooton seach manager/combiner had such a poorly proofread page I didn't want to go near it - lost in translation, I'd guess.

All these things have 15 or 30-day free trial periods, from memory. It will be interesting to see if I actually purchase any of them.

No comments: