Friday, January 19, 2007

Module 2 - ICQ

Something else I haven't done or heard of before. Downloaded and installed the ICQ software OK. As advised, put the minimum stuff about myself - it's easy to gain the impression there are lots of people out there who are happy to meet strangers online for just about any purpose. Was happy to have a nickname option. Don't want anything to do with the whole dating/relationships stuff! My ICQ number is 479579941 and have found a discussion board thread that gives a lot of numbers of classmates, so I will have a go at chatting to someone just for the experience! (Have missed all the webct chatroom get togethers - hopefully can make it to tomorrow's one.)
Didn't note the early postings about the ICQ tasks for advanced studies nickname and number - they no longer exist, so went through that until I found mention in someone's blog and then realised. Don't have much more to add until I have a go at chatting.
I do have to add all the ICQ nos of classmates - I'm assuming that is on the ICQ page and not on my learning log? That's where I'll do it until i know better.

No comments: