Monday, December 11, 2006

Top five tips for new bloggers

This will be a work in progress, with more added once I get the hang of blogging. But for now...

1. Keep posts short - one for of the beauties of blogging is the immediacy. I don't think people want to read long, long posts. Less is more.
2. Make sure you use a good old fashioned pen and paper to write down some of the details. Because I'm new to this I sometimes forget where I am and how to get back to where I was! Having something written on a piece of paper would help.
3. Remember you can play around with colours, layout, fonts etc. It's good to look at some recommended blogs to loosen up any inhibitions you may have about the look of your blog. Get used to making as many changes/improvements as you see fit.
4. Take care with spelling and grammar in your posts - you may be writing something great, but misspellings and poor grammar will detract from it for the reader.


No comments: